Friday, July 17, 2015

The Loss of a Sister...A New Relationship.

Wendi and Mekenna May 2014
Last year on July 19th 2014 I lost my sister, kindred soul, and true love.  My sister and her family were visiting Hawaii and she was killed in an accident on the beach while body surfing with her children.  I had lost my grandmother a few months prior so this was a blow that left us wrenching.  I  talked to her on the phone the day before her and her family flew out and she said she couldn't wait to see me in a week when she flew in to NC for a visit.  I said I loved her and she said she loved me and then we hung up.

My mom called frantically the next afternoon and left me a voice mail saying Wendi had been in an accident and I needed to call home.  As soon as I listened to the voice mail I heard Wendi talking to me.  I knew she had crossed over.  She said.."Baby.. I'm ok..It was fast.. my body is on life support but I'm not there.. I love you..It is my time".  I said I don't want to hear you.  Go away.  This can't be happening.  I just sat and tried to focus on anything but the idea that my sister had crossed over.  She came to me again that night and said she was ok. She was with Grandma.  Grandma was coming through too.  She was so happy and in no pain and again said not to worry.

Me and Grandma
Days passed and then weeks and then months.  I was angry.  I was hurt.  I was alone.  People tried to comfort me but it didn't matter.  People would say.  You're a medium...You are so blessed..You can still communicate with her even if she's not in the physical world.  It's not the same.  It's true but I'm human and I wanted my human sister.  You can't hug a voice in your head.  I wanted Wendi on the phone, in person.  Anger and sorrow consumed me.  I sat and ate and sulked.

I began to put on weight and get really out of shape.  I could feel my fingers and feet tingling constantly and tightness in my chest.  I continued to work and do a little yoga but as soon as I got home I would binge eat and watch trash TV.  Now... Wendi comes to visit almost every day and it was great to hear her but I wasn't listening to what she was saying about moving on and enjoying life.  One morning in April she came through and said "Baby...You're really fat...I love you but you got to do something...I was finished here..You still have a lot of work to do... Get your ass to a doctor and off the couch... Love you".

On April 20th, 2015 I was diagnosed with diabetes.  It was exactly the wake up call I needed to hear.  I said to my sister...Thank you... I won't let you down... We will beat this.  From a medical perspective my body doesn't correctly process the sugar in foods I eat.  In the energy world I was not focussing on the joy and love in my life(aka: sweetness) and I was focussing only on the loss of my sister and grandmother.  You would think I would know better considering I'm a psychic-medium and energetic healer but I ignored the lessons focussing on only that which I didn't have and looking away from the blessings that were abundant around me.  That's what we do as humans in this world. We focus on the things we don't have and ignore the clear signs of goodness that surrounds us.  We then begin not to see sweetness in anything. We see only the drama of sorrow and anger and hopelessness.  We begin to surround ourself with it.  It becomes our new normal.  Then we get sick.  I was focusing so much on the relationship I didn't have and ignoring the relationship with myself and the new relationship with Wendi that had evolved.  My sister was still here.  She was actually more clear than ever just not the way I had grown accustomed to through out my life.  I had to evolve.  I can't do this lesson again.  Ha.  Fuck that.

I began my yoga everyday.  I ate clean and got off sugar.  I let go of the drama and negative emotions that I had found comfort in and began love.  I loved myself, loved strangers, loved nature, loved friends, loved everyone and loved everything.  That's my favorite thing I remember about my sister.  She knew how to love.  She never had unkind words to say about anyone and always went out of her way to love anyone and anything.  I knew it was my mission to spread that love and spread her spirit everywhere into and around my life.  With that love my walls have lowered, my armer has fallen, my heart has reopened and my life has began new again with the blessings that were always around me and continue to astound me on my journey.
Wendi and me Hong Kong

My sister is my hero and soul companion.  I love her and am so blessed I got to know her in the short time I had with her on the physical plane.  She has shown me that love always conquers all and rises our true self to the highest vibration.  Love yourself, love your family, love that stranger next to you at Starbucks, and above all love the ones that are not loving you in return.  Love will always prevail.

Wendi, thank you for all your unconditional love,
I love you so much.





4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing, Jonathan! You are a beautiful soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful my dear lovely friend. I love you!

    ReplyDelete